When working with scheduling runbooks you will see that you will need to work with both the Monitor Date/Time and the Check Schedule activity to get the most control out of when you can put a schedule in place. This post will cover the Check Schedule activity. Once a date/time is triggered by Monitor Date/Time, Check Schedule then makes sure that it conforms to its own schedule and then proceeds.
1. Locate Schedules under Global Settings in the left hand navigation pane. Right-click schedules and select New > Schedule.
2. Name your schedule and give it a description if required.
3. Select the days of the week or month in which you would allow the running of the runbook.
In this case I am allowing the runbook to be run on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
4. Schedule the allowed hours
You can get very details and allow hourly windows in which you would allow your runbook to run.
5. You can then choose your schedule from within the Check Schedule activity when you are working with your runbook.